Critical Evaluation


The aim of my project was to develop material that could be used in a campaign to raise awareness of endometriosis. What I have done is the basis of what a real campaign should be. The animation portrays the theme and is in keeping with the materials for the project. It shows narrative which is compelling to audiences viewing it. It may struggle to appeal to everyone since it is very symbolic and required a bit of knowledge about women and menstrual cycles. I wish I would have been clearer on some themes but wanted to stick to the agreed to length. 

The leaflet is again, and example of what I would like to be in informative leaflets in the future. There is little to promote reaching out to communities for support and this is something I wanted to demonstrate. Animations have been used in recent years to open a discussion about things that can be difficult to talk about. Examples of these include animations about mental health and sex education. 

The Facebook page is also an example of how social media can be a tool in spreading awareness and providing a hub for those who are suffering to meet and discuss things. Social media is very prominent in society, so it is essential that this is tapped into. The page currently contains some post examples. As i was working, i wanted to post updates about the animation. This was difficult as i spent a lot of time settling on an animation style and i lost a lot of time on this. I had to focus on getting the animation done so the posting on the facebook page suffered.

As a whole, the project is cohesive in its message and style. What I aimed for was less about the final products and more about what they represent. The idea is to create a sense of community when dealing with endometriosis and not just for the women with the disease. I believe i have achieved this. I would like the project to have more polish. It was a challenge for me to work with a very imperfect style of art and i often found myself going too far and having to dial it back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Styles

Leaflet Target Audience

Hypercomics/ Visual Novels